[elky] Re: Wrecks (I sent this to the Nova list, figgered I might as well...

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:22:20 -0700

I been there figuratively more times than I like to think about, too. :) Like I said, it's been an interesting life. I left the doghouse to become a migrant tree planter in the Sierra Nevadas. I quit that job and walked/hitchhiked down the mountain after a falling out with the crew supervisor. It wasn't that I minded his deer poaching with a .22, it was his having sex with 'em as they died and then describing it in graphic detail around the evening campfire that bothered me. Not long after that Uncle Sam put me in green baggy clothes and made me do unnatural acts. Like getting up early in the morning and marching and saluting and stuff. But I survived their attempts to turn me into a soldier (although I was a very good radar tech) and returned to my normal state in the hippie enclaves of Morocco.

I need a nap...but I'm waiting for the mail and the UBT to arrive so I can take care of some business.

On 11/12/2010 8:45 AM, Jared Ryan wrote:
So you have, literally, been in the doghouse.  I think most men can say that
figuratively, but for you it's literal.  Wow.

On Nov 12, 2010, at 9:42 AM, Ray Buck wrote:

I took refuge in an unused doghouse at my girlfriend's family's place.  Good
thing it was a big dog house and I had a sleeping bag.

Rules: Please play nicely with others.

-List members page (text&  pic links):