[elky] Re: Wrecks (I sent this to the Nova list, figgered I might as well...

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:13:40 -0700

On 11/12/2010 11:28 AM, Mary McCarthy wrote:

Yup. Sure does....even tho I'm retired, I'm waiting for the retirement shoe to drop. Strange place to be in.

/yeah, we're just trying to figure it all out. /

Ain't that the truth.

I'm not a dog person. And with my lifestyle (rubber tramp from April to October) it'd be a hell of a a lifestyle change to try to deal with a pet/companion/therapy dog. It's ok. I have the voices in my head. We get along fine. :)

/oh, okay.  Maybe a rat?/

Bleeve it or not, my 3rd wife had 2 rats as pets. Guess what they died of? Yep. Cancer. I tell ya, rats cause cancer. Look at all the frikkin tests they do. Everything they give 'em causes cancer...or so "they" think. It's the frikkin rats themselves. They cause it. (Don't send the conspiracy police...they'll scare the black helicopters away. I'm just gettin to know those guys. If ya dodge the bullets, they can be pretty nice dudes.)

Way too many. To be honest, if I had to plunk myself down in a chair in front of a tv....well, I'd be dead real soon, but it'd be from suicide as the better option vs. tv. :)

/I admit to having a weakness for old movies - do you think Roger Corman has his house decorated like his movies?/

Who?  I only watch racing.  Otherwise I prefer to read.

Only creep? Mine doubled this year. Value dropped like a rock but with new "services", add-on taxes and just plain increases ("If elected, I promise not to increase taxes....")...hell, I dunno.
/
//ouch. More than half of ours go to the school district so they can have weekends at the spa and pay the PR dept to put a happy face on it.
/

I think ya nailed it. It's the happy face folks that feed us the Soylent Green. Ohhh...wait. The helicopter guys are responsible for that, right? Sleep deprivation can be fun. I think.