[duxuser] Re: From MS Word to Duxbury.

  • From: "Dan Geminder and Suzan Muncer" <geminder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:34:08 -0500

Hello Dan,

I am writing again to clarify two more points. All heading styles in ms word
mean left alignment. But we in India prefer centre alignment for headings
both in print and braille.

Dan: If the documents are being prepared only for braille, does it matter
what the print looks like?

 Will heading1 style in ms word be treated as centre alignment in dbt?

Dan: Yes, the Heading1 style in Word is imported by DBT as a centered
heading. The advantage here is that the H1 style in DBT will not allow
itself to be stranded at the bottom of a braille page, whereas a line that
is simply centered in Word will be imported into DBT as a centered line
using codes, but not in the smarter H1 style, so it could be stranded.

I am myself totally blind and I have to use jfw 5.0 to edit check document.
I cannot correctly insert or delete codes in the code window. Though I do
little editing myself, I want to learn these things that I can communicate
the tricks to others.

With best regards,
Amiyo.