[duxuser] Re: From MS Word to Duxbury.

  • From: "Dan Geminder and Suzan Muncer" <geminder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:36:00 -0500

In producing braille for North American readers, this isn't a matter of
opinion, but rather a rule.

Bullets are normally present in books only to visually indicate listed
items. In North American braille, "Bullets, hollow dots, chech marks, and
other signs printed before each listed item solely for visual effect must be
ignored in braille." ("Braille Formats, 1997") If only some items are
specifically bulleted, then they are dealt with.

Dan