[duxuser] Re: From MS Word to Duxbury.

  • From: Patrick Burke <burke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 05:47:00 -0700

Hi Amiyo,

My answers appear below your questions.

At 01:08 AM 6/16/2004, you wrote:

I do not stille understand the formatting differences between heading1 and heading2 styles in dbt. Both seem centred. I understand that they are required to make sure that they are not stranded at the bottom of a page. They are also necessary for generating table of contents. Would you please specify their attributes?
H1 is centered & has a blank line both before & after it.

H2 is indented four spaces (begins in Cell 5) & only has the skipped line before the text.

I also cannot insert or delete codes. When I am using f6 to find and replace h1 with h2 or the like, the "text not found" error message appears. What may be wrong?

A few ideas: Are you using the Reveal Codes view? If not, hit the ALT-F3 command. (This assumes you are in a Duxbury Print file.) Now you should hear things like "Left-bracket Es Para" which may not make too much sense at first, but those are the codes used by Duxbury.

To do a search & replace you need the exact Duxbury terminology. You can use the Control-LeftBracket command & then type in the code if you know it. I find it easier to use F5 (Code List) & pick the commands I want.

Now, the beginning H1 style is actually "[es~h1.]". So if you do F5, type E S (meaning "element start"). Then tab once & type in "h1." (that's "H 1 period"). Then press Enter.

This is complicated but this will get the code entered just the way Duxbury needs it. You can use the F5 Code List either to enter codes directly into the file or to put codes in the Search & Replace screen.

The H1 ending code is "[ee~h1.]" (E E for "Element End"). Of course you need both the starting & ending code to make sure a block of text appears the way you want.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *