[cryptome] Re: Putin: Living In The Clouds

  • From: Todd Judge <toddbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:11:47 +0900

Thanks.  I'm professionally as far from Luddite as one could get, but
identifying validity of an issue to be a  justifiable need, then creating and
soliciting solutions, establishing measurement yardsticks, uncompromised
objective risks analysis (to the best of human ability, of course), and then
building mitigation in to every identifiable activity (because I once heard a
rumor that sometimes things can change beyond my control), all keeps available
tools to use in prospective for solving the problem.  Tech is not an answer.
Applied tech is a tool. There is never just one answer.  And new tools keep on
being created, with pros and cons to the other tools out there.

And you're correct.  The typewriter is a technology, of course.  Just not as
shiny as the latest electro wiz bang other ones promoted that make people rule
it's value straight out of the realm of good solutions.

Lasers for surgery and computer integration into the surgical procedures is a
large part of my experience.  But what are we trying to accomplish has always
been the mission for the great minds I've been fortunate to work with.  And
some pretty good stuff has come out of it.