[cryptome] Re: Putin: Living In The Clouds

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:03:30 +0100

Hi Todd,

Controlling and managing risk is important...The Japanese are great believers in JUT or just in time. They think out what they are doing very carefully before they put it into production. They discuss it amongst themselves, do a bit of brainstorming, set it up in their imaginations, or on a computer first, then use a time line and stepping stone technologies to mark out the stages of production, so saving themselves money and resources. It is a great skill, but when used properly it can save on wastage, multiplicity and verbosity of production.

Laser technology can be very accurate and requires great finesse and a refined risk control, particularly when used for mending human beings. Careful and controlled usage limits the damage and helps the container to mend invisibly...something which is much appreciated by the patient..

On 08/07/14 04:11, Todd Judge wrote:
Thanks. I'm professionally as far from Luddite as one could get, but identifying validity of an issue to be a justifiable need, then creating and soliciting solutions, establishing measurement yardsticks, uncompromised objective risks analysis (to the best of human ability, of course), and then building mitigation in to every identifiable activity (because I once heard a rumor that sometimes things can change beyond my control), all keeps available tools to use in prospective for solving the problem. Tech is not an answer. Applied tech is a tool. There is never just one answer. And new tools keep on being created, with pros and cons to the other tools out there.

And you're correct. The typewriter is a technology, of course. Just not as shiny as the latest electro wiz bang other ones promoted that make people rule it's value straight out of the realm of good solutions.

Lasers for surgery and computer integration into the surgical procedures is a large part of my experience. But what are we trying to accomplish has always been the mission for the great minds I've been fortunate to work with. And some pretty good stuff has come out of it.