[cryptome] Re: Putin: Living In The Clouds

  • From: Neal Lamb <nl1816a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 15:23:47 -0700

That was quite a year. Spring 1968

MLK had just been murdered for supporting a Garbage Workers strike(city
employee union)
I had been tutoring(math) younger inner city kids on wednesdays with my
Methodist Youth group till that day.
I was going steady with my ministers daughter. She was a rebel type liberal
girl from Fayette Ark. Great southern accent. I was pretty innocent till her.
Sweet 16.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oA1GpdFyic

On Monday, July 7, 2014 4:22 PM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Neal,
And see what the latest algorithms are doing to our world...;-)

On 07/07/14 14:54, Neal Lamb wrote:

My 1st mechanical typewriter had a paper tape and TSO (time share) hooked up to
a very slow phone line
>to a McDonald Douglas mainframe in my Advanced Geometry class my
>junior(spring68) year high school.
>We had to write(program) a simple basic algorithm that would perform a design
>on a 11 by 8.5 inch fan fold
>sheet of paper.
>

>On Monday, July 7, 2014 8:36 AM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>Hi Todd,
>That mechanical typewriters are more secure than
                electric or digital
>ones?:-)
>ATB
>Dougie.
>
>On 07/07/14 13:33, Todd Judge wrote:
>> And don't forget, Russia does know about insuring
                internal communications security while taking on these
                ventures.  The Russian govt still buys more typewriters
                than the rest of the world combined. Or something like
                that.
>> Wait. What was my point?
>> Todd
>>
>>> On Jul 7, 2014, at 8:22 PM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Colleagues,
>>>
>>> I see that Mr. Putin and his government have
                decided that the Clouds over the USA are no longer an
                option, and that he will be "nationalising" the storage
                data of his citizenry.  Bad news for those companies who
                sell their "secure" options in the clouds in the USA,
                they will have to get their act together sufficiently to
                convince other countries that there is not only no
                "unauthorised" access, but access which is guaranteed to
                be secure to the nation or corporations' satisfaction.
                Maybe though, that is an impossible task...and instead
                they will get more subsidies from the government so that
                they can keep going and keep up appearances.

>>>  Who wants to buy fake, or counterfeit goods
                these days, especially when they are no good and don't
                work.  It is not only American citizens who are
                suffering the consequences.  How can people and
                companies or corporations, who are not American
                citizens, and therefore have no rights of security of
                their information,take part in negotiating contracts at
                arms length in a global economy, which the US and
                western states are encouraging so much, when the
                security services are helping themselves to the same
                confidential information and refusing to allow proper
                inspection and oversight to make sure that they aren't
                selling off such information to the highest American
                bidder, or surreptitiously, privately to other bidders?
                Bad news for the "samisdat" Russians too.

>>>    Presumably this move will have the added
                advantage of making it more difficult for the prying
                eyes to get access, and at the same time, allow Putin
                and his agencies to use the benefits of Edward Snowdens
                revelations, tiny though they are, to improve the
                collection, collation, sifting and sorting, profiling
                and targeting of the data of his own home citizens, for
                purposes diverse and devious.  It has taken them a while
                to catch up with the wiles and ways of the old KGB and
                their relations with western security services.  Perhaps
                they have been far too trusting, or complacent, or busy
                with other priorities...not any more.

>>> I understand that a number of other nation
                states are contemplating going down the same route.
                Perhaps we will see attempts at the expansion of "5
                Eyes" and associated nation states who share less
                information with the USA and its colleagues, as a way of
                overcoming the attempt to collect everything that moves
                electronically.  One never knows about such things,
                enemies can become friends, or friendly aliens, so
                quickly in the world these days, that one can hardly
                keep up with it.

>>> One never knows, one might even see the Chinese
                legitimately getting in on the act and gaining the trust
                and friendship into the worlds "secret" security
                exchanges...;-)
>>> ATB