[cryptome] Re: Putin: Living In The Clouds

  • From: Todd Judge <toddbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 00:00:53 +0900

True. JIT and kaizen are but 2 of the practices I'm "very familiar with" and
then taught while here to European business groups who've come here to explore
their principles for relevant application. Really cool experiences, once we put
application behind the catch phrases.  None stands on it's own.  Finding the
logical mix and designing a prototype suitable for eval, ready to scale if
benefit results, is the stuff that gets my blood pumping with these. The
funnest thing to reveal is one size does not fit all. Risk analysis is the only
way to demonstrate that.

It's so cool to show practical application and see people get passionate in
cutting down obese programs and redefine problems and restructure practices to
fix them. And actually go back and use it.

I always beg them to let me in on successes or failures for what they apply.
It's a very interesting situation to be in. I'm fortunate and well aware I
learn more from them than they will ever learn from me.

But know that many people are also doing things right and don't need another
popular new acronym approach. The value of the work is they have something to
measure against that they didn't before. Those people are the real geniuses.
They're open minded enough to dive into alternatives, and find they're already
where they need to be.  It's a humbling and rewarding experience I can't
emphasize enough.

As for applying elegance in simplicity, I have one quick example, leaving out
all the gory detail. I have had the most fortunate of experiences working with
some brilliant minds. One has been the late Ted Maiman, who's credited with
inventing the laser.  He and one other guy did it for $40k USD in 1959. AT&T
had spent years and over $1MIL but... he beat them to it.  By applying an
approach of simplicity from start to finish. It wasn't the technology, but the
goal he addressed.

That's but one of many.
And that's our history lesson for today.
(I must be a dinosaur.)

RK