[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel Report

  • From: "Richard PAYNE" <astropix@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:22:58 -0700

Hi all,well my 2 cents worth, I used to go to Sentinel a lot, mostly alone,
and I have seen more than a few vehicled driving North on the road slowly
with no lights on, I doubt if it's tourists lost
and sightseeing.Those I can handle, they drive on by  go merrily on there
way. The Border patrol
is my issue, they have a fasination with spotlights, they don't even stop.
One time they came by
spotlighting me, than an hour later here comes the non-lit vehicle idling
by, later here comes the
Border patrol spotlighting a gain. I'm no law enforcement proffesional but I
could catch more parked
discreetly on the side of the road with night vision binoculars. I no longer
go there because of the
constant harrasment. I'll take my KOFA site any day , darker and I haven't
seen a vehicle in 4 years drive by. I will help by looking North of I-8 to
try and locate a new spot, I'm sure a spot is there.
Richard Payne
azastro@xxxxxxx
azastrophotography.com