[AZ-Observing] Wicked Laser Question

  • From: <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:39:34 -0500

Per the general consensus of the email received I purchased a 15 mW ?wicked
laser?. As someone had stated they ship straight out of China and come halfway
around the world to your door in 6 days! The question I have for the group is
how other?s lasers behave on startup. This one seems to either ?flicker? to
life (like a florescent lamp) or ?step up? to full power (i.e. ? 5 mW to 10 mW
to 15 mW) over a period of about 2 ? 3 seconds then it?s very steady (and more
than bright enough for the Mrs. To pick out). Normal or bum laser?

Wicked seems to think that some sort of ?warm up? is normal. I find it annoying
and can?t say that when we were comparing 3 lasers out at Sentinel (2 - 15?s
and a 5) that I noticed the 15?s ?warming up?.  Though I wasn?t specifically
looking for that. Others experience?

Jimmy Ray