[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel Report

  • From: "Stars" <stars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:28:52 -0700

If you check the sign when entering Sentinel, it says "US Air Force
Property, Unlawful to enter without the express permission of the
Installation Commander.  All personal are subject to search."  (not the
exact works) but I hope you get the meaning.  This is posted in English and
Spanish. This is Air Force property, and being so I would think that the
access to it from the south would mean that the illegal's would have to be
crossing the gunnery range.  My understanding is that the Air Force is aware
that we use it for observing, and have never told anyone to leave, which in
all rights they could do.  Maybe that is the reason no-one has had a problem
at Sentinel Observing site as stated by Joe Goss this weekend at Sentinel.
Problems on the highway 2 miles north normally does not affect us does it?
Just my 1-cent worth.

Thomas Hilton