[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel Report

  • From: "Peter Argenziano" <pargenz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:53:25 -0700

I'm all for exploring the possibilities of another dark observing site,
whether it's in addition to or in replacement of sites like Sentinel or
Vekol. Personally, I've not had any bad experiences at Vekol or Sentinel =
or
even Farnsworth Ranch, but a site located on the north side of I-8 does =
get
us out of the path of egress for those unsavory activities we all know =
go
on in that area.

I like having the Schwaar memorial event at this time of year. =
Scheduling
it closer to summer's end when the temperatures may be warmer also =
carries
the increased risk of a weather-related cancellation. I'll agree that it
got a little chilly at Sentinel on Sunday morning (38=B0 F was my lowest
reading), but I can dress appropriately to ward off dropping
temperatures... I can do nothing about cloudy skies.

That's my 2=A2

Peter=20