atw: Re: To press while... or hold?

  • From: "Matilda Reich" <matildar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:41:11 +1100

Deborah Cross comments very valid. With your sentence below, the use of
"click" does seem to infer a distinction.  'Click' is a quick strike, while
'press' does indicate you actually keep the finger on that key until the
rest of the operation is completed.
Ana's version "To update all parameters, press the Shift key and click XXX"
is probably the most grammatically correct.
Just goes to show there are more than one way to skin a cat.
Matilda Reich