atw: Re: To press while... or hold?

  • From: Ana Young <ana_young2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:29:12 -0800 (PST)

I agree with Sonja. IMHO the whole phrase should be
rewritten. BTW, the Microsoft Manual of Style (MMS)
uses press.

I would rather say something like "To update all
parameters, press the Shift key and click XXX". The
MMS rarely uses "click on" or "click the" button.
However, it is a matter of Style Guides.

Cheers,
Ana