[audacity4blind] Re: new member

  • From: Mohamed <malhajamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 07:17:04 -0500

Although, I marked the start and endpoint for the effects, that works now, but it's now only playing the marked part. I'd like it to play everything, without losing the effect.

On 3/4/2015 6:53 AM, David Bailes wrote:
Hi Mohamed,
to select some audio so that you can apply an effect to it, you have to select
one or more tracks, and a time range.
You can select/deselect tracks by pressing Enter.
To select a time range, move the cursor to where you want the start or end of
the time range, and then set the other end of the time range. In audacity there
are a number of ways both of moving the cursor, and setting the other end of
the time range.
For example, during playback, you can press the left-bracket key to move the
cursor, and the right-bracket key to set the end of the selected time range. So
you could press spacebar to start playback, press left-bracket where you want
the start of the time range, press right-bracket where you want to the end,
then spacebar to stop.
For more details of the ways you can move the cursor, and select time ranges, see the "moving
the cursor" and the "selecting audio" section of this guide to audacity:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-2.0.6-Guide.htmlNote
that although it's written specifically for users of Jaws, nearly all of it
also applies to users of NVDA,

David.

On Tuesday, 3 March 2015, 22:23, Mohamed <malhajamy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone, I am Mohamed, and I am a new member of this list. I have
been using audacity for a while now, and I'm interested in finding out
more about it. I'd like to ask a question as well.
How exactly do I mark start and endpoints in audacity, so, for example,
I can apply an effect only to that part of the track that I have marked
and not the whole thing.?
Thanks.