[audacity4blind] Re: new member

  • From: "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:11:53 +0700

Thanks so much Jean. This help me alot.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:52 AM
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: new member

Some people record the output of the computer  with a microphone and
record what they are doing in the tutorial.  I assume they edit out pauses
if they have a reasonable knowledge of how to create good recordings.
People don't generally use two computers.
I don't record what the computer is speaking using a microphone.  I use
the what you hear item to record the output from the computer.  I place
the output in a second file and I then use a player to play the part of
the recording I want to be heard at the right time in the recording I'm
making.  for example, if I want to have a screen-reader read a dialog, I
record the dialog being read and before the dialog recording begins, I
mark time.  For example, I may press something on the keyboard three times
in a rhythm and then start the dialog reading at the next point in the
rhythem.  for example, I might press the pc cursor key three times in a
rhythem and then, on the next beat where there should be new sound, I
might issue the read dialog command.
I then use this count down system when I'm recording my speech.  I stop
speaking, stop the recorder, start the player playing, and then, when the
countdown is complete, I start recording.  If you don't have a what you
hear option, you can get the same result in other ways but I haven't
worked with any of those other ways.  Other list members might be able to
discuss them.  there are ways to do either the same or roughly the same
tasks as what you hear allows you to do.

Gene