[audacity4blind] Re: new member

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:18:11 -0600

I use the old Microsoft Sound Recording program because of its ease of
real time editing.  The program records using the wave format.  I joined
the files together using audacity and then used Audacity to convert the
final file to Mp3.  I may have done a little editing using Mp3 Direct Cut
but I don't recall now if I did.

The old Microsoft program can be used in Windows 7.  Let me know if you
want a copy.

But  the actual quality of the audio itself, that is the sound quality of
the voice is not dependent on the Microsoft program.  the Microsoft
program allows for easy real time editing but any decent recording program
can produce a reasonable quality voice recording if you use a reasonably
good microphone and file parameters that are adequate for reasonable
sound.

The microphone I use is a Radio Shack lapel microphone that sells for
about twenty dollars.  I have a microphone frame that I clip the
microphone to.  I clip it to the boom.  the old broken micropyhone frame
is more or less like a stereo headphone frame.  I use the boom to keep the
microphone near my mouth.  I don't have it clipped to my lapel.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to find the necessary parts to create
something like that.  I just happened to have an old frame that worked for
that purpose.  You may want to try a radio shack microphone that you can
purchase from some stores that uses a headphone like frame with a boom.
the microphone isn't as good but the sound should be good enough.  I'm not
talking about a combination headphone microphone.  I'm talking about just
a microphone on a headphone-like frame attached to a thin boom.