[audacity4blind] Re: Labels

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 21:34:38 +0100

Hi!

Thank you so much for the discussion regarding labels.
I do see some situations where I myself would love labels. In fact I really
hope that labels one day could be replaced by standard markers.
My reason for saying this is that some digital recorders like the Zoom H-series
can make markers while recording files, and that will be extremely helpfull for
Audacity since it could import markers from any wave-file and then from a lot
of different editors so it might be easier for people to switch to Audacity.
Then the way labels work now could be something like making regions so from
marker a to b there would be a region in between those, so the sound inside the
marker could be moved around. If you have an interview for example, this would
be very easy to structure later on, if something just needs to be structured
while editing.

I don’t know if there is any workaround for this, or any plans for this in the
future, but this was just my thoughts on labels

Best regards

Thomas