[audacity4blind] Re: Labels

  • From: Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:39:55 +0200

> Hi Robert,
> your method is ingenious.
> A user would still be advised to move away from the label track after using
> it, so that they don't accidentally and silently create spurious labels.
> One drawback of the current Labels editor is that in general it doesn't keep
> track of the current cursor position, so you have to move through several
> cells in the table just to get to the next label.
>
> David.

Hi David

The nice thing with navigating on the track panel is that you land on
the nearest label when you move dow with the cursor to a label track.
However, that labels are created automatically when moving down is
simply annoying.
Nothing in Audacity works that way. Ctrl-b and ctrl-m are sufficient
imo, at least if an explicit edit entering key was defined (such as F2
in other programs).
Furthermore, single-character shortcuts do also automatically enter
the edit mode--a known bug.

The label editor would be a nice alternative for us.
However, the disadvantages and short comings are too numerous to list here.

However, I like your idea to force the editor to focus on the nearest
label to the cursor position when entering it--instead of the track
choice.

Regards
Robert