[audacity4blind] Re: Labels

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 20:31:42 -0700

Yeah, silence finder did work better, also I ran noise removal first. I had wanted to remove the gaps and insert my own when I burn the CD, but maybe it will work better to use the "silence" from the album. Now my cassette machine is doing a fast waver, so I'm thinking this may not be worth pursuing-- it does it on more than one cassette. Maybe I just need to go buy CDs or buy the ones we want off of ITunes or something. Probably mmore practical but not as much fun :-).

Thanks.

Gary

On 12/7/2014 3:32 AM, Robert Hänggi wrote:
On the audio track it says

Garfunkel_s2 select on, stereo 1 of 2

Hey!! Why is my left channel cutting out!!!  It's a brand new cable!
Going to have to do it over!  Maybe I can save the labels. Some in EVERY
SONG!!!

Stereo can also mean dual mono.
You can check it with the vocal removeal effect. Silence means dual
mono. Not unlikely for a Sixties album. (the album should be kicking
about somewhere, I have to check that)

Ok, it should  be stereo.
The album gap marker finds most of the gaps.
You have to remove the second within "El Condor Pasa" since there's
almost silence inbetween and add one for the last song where the gap
is filled with crowd's applause.
This gives 10 labels and 11 Tracks on export (with the mentioned check
box checked).

Robert