[audacity4blind] Re: Labels

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 09:51:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Robert,

I'm puzzled about your experience of Jaws reading the description by default. I
had a look around Jaws's verbosity settings and found the item "Control
description" in a list of things to be spoken. This does control the
description we are talking about. However, for all of beginner, intermediate,
and advanced verbosity settings, "control description" is not checked by
default.

Could another user of Jaws who is familiar with it's verbosity settings confirm
this is the case?

David.

On Monday, 1 December 2014, 16:16, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Robert,
> just to comment on moving some of the extra info from helptext to
> description. Jaws and Window-eyes don't automatically read out the
> description - in fact I don't know how to get them to read out the
> description. If you want the extra information to be automatically read out,
> I think you'd have to include it in the name,
>
> David.

I just tested with Jaws 16.0.
It reads the description correctly and automatically and with the
factory settings.
I cannot say what windowEyes does since I never used it.
Supernova reads the whole content of the track panel inclusive time
and range (e.g. -1 to 1).However, it allows scripting as well.

Robert