Re: [ARMini-support] Printing from ArtWorks fails frequently

  • From: Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:22:52 +0000

On 14/03/2015 12:00, A Rawnsley wrote:
I have severe problems with Artworks in the ARMiniX.  I never print
directly from Artworks.  I invariably import Artworks files into
TechWriter.  However whilst working in Artworks on the file, the
software often reports an error and I usually have to reboot the
machine.  This is very unfortunate because Artworks is a very important
piece of software for me and, I suspect, for many other users.
I have to say this is the first time I've heard of Artworks being
described as unstable, since it is generally something of a poster
child for new hardware etc.  I routinely demo it during talks etc.

It would be helpful to know which version you're running, and what
external software is running.

I use version 2.X2.00 of Artworks. The OS version I am using is 5.21. It is very disappointing because i use Artworks so frequently and I have the very highest respect for Martin's software which is superb.

   As an example, is Aemulor loaded?
There are certainly other programs that can have an effect on the
machine environment as a whole, which might result in apps being less
stable.

I invariably create tables in Eureka and then save these as drawfiles into Artworks. Accordingly, Aemulor is invariably loaded. If there is some other software that is appropriate for creating tables then I would be delighted to hear.

Also, as Jim says, please report issues back to the developers in
question - if people don't get in touch, we might never know there's a
problem.  Also note that developers will invariably say/think "well it
doesn't happen here" as a first response, so the more info/example you
can provide, the better.  Also, be persistant, and offer to
test/feedback/generate logs as this can be helpful if a problem can't
be quickly reproduced.

I shall compile details of error messages from now on and forward these to Martin. As I indicated to Jim I am happy to run the software he cited or indeed any other software to assist in resolving this matter but I need to be told what to run and where I get it.

--
Best wishes

Robert

---