Re: [ARMini-support] Printing from ArtWorks fails frequently

  • From: John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:59:38 GMT

Alan P Dawes  wrote

> Lets go back to your original post in which you said

> "I have started to use RiscOSM more recently but have hit a serious
> problem in trying to print the maps."

> but then go on to talk about the errors you are getting from printing the
> maps from !Artworks. When you print from !RiscOSM directly (rather than
> converting to drawfile and saving into !Artworks) do you get the same
> errors?

I never noticed that RiscOSM had a print option before!
However, I have now tried and there is no problem printing from
RiscOSM directly.

> You then say
> "Some three out of four attempts to print fail"
> So do you mean ...

Loose talk. I had the impression that most attempts to print were
failing. I now know that the first attempt to print from ArtWorks is
successful. All subsequent attempts fail, until reboot.

> You then give the error messages:

>   "Error outside ArtWorks abort on data transfer  at &FC19A04C"
> The printer prints:
>   ERROR syntaxerror
>   OFFENDING COMMAND --nostringval--
>   STACK: radialfill
> "
> You have found that the abort is from an address in the BufferManager
> which possibly suggests that the buffer created for the rendering of the
> file for printing is being corrupted or truncated but have eliminated
> Aemulor from causing this. To help find out if it is in the redering of
> the file for printing can you try printing using David Pillings Sprint
> definition file from:
> http://www.davidpilling.net/free.html

ArtWorks prints using Sprint (and PS3 to file)

> I don't use !Artworks but wonder if you can save out as a drawfile and
> print that successfully via !Draw?

Yes no problem printing via !Draw, or anything else so long as it is
not ArtWorks via PS3 to a real printer.

John

--
John Rickman -  http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/lynx