Re: [ARMini-support] Printing from ArtWorks fails frequently

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 11:35:10 +0000 (GMT)

In article <54a47bf9c1chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <5504281C.3030805@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I invariably create tables in Eureka and then save these as
> > drawfiles into Artworks.  Accordingly, Aemulor is invariably
> > loaded.  If there is some other software that is appropriate for
> > creating tables then I would be delighted to hear.

> I think running Aemulor while ArtWorks is running may be part of the
> problem. I find the PandaBoard becomes unstable when Aemulor is in
> use.

At the end of the Aemulor UserGuide, it says:
"Whilst Aemulor is running, all applications (including 32-bit ones) will
be restricted to a maximum of 28MB each as for RISC OS 4"

So what happens if you are running a 32-bit application which is using
more than 28MB and then run Aemulor for a 26 bit application? Will the
original application no longer have access to the >28MB of memory that it
was using and will this cause errors?

Alan

--
alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx