Re: [ARMini-support] Printing from ArtWorks fails frequently

  • From: Jim Nagel <jimmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 09:19:25 GMT

Robert Hunter  wrote on 13 Mar:
> I have severe problems with Artworks in the ARMiniX.  I never print
> directly from Artworks.  I invariably import Artworks files into
> TechWriter.  However whilst working in Artworks on the file, the
> software often reports an error and I usually have to reboot the
> machine.  This is very unfortunate because Artworks is a very important
> piece of software for me and, I suspect, for many other users.

Have you reported this to Martin Wuerthner?  He has a knack for
putting the finger on exactly the right thing immediately.  And, since
he maintains both Artworks and Techwriter, ...

> I have not kept details of error messages but would be happy to do so if
> that is of assistance.

Do you have !Syslog running as part of your boot setup?  And its
extension, !Wimplog, too?  They automatically copy error messages to a
file.  (Both in my opinion really ought to be standard in Ro 5, as
they are in 4 and 6.)

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk