Re: [ARMini-support] Printing from ArtWorks fails frequently

  • From: Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 09:54:42 +0000

Good morning Jim

On 14/03/2015 09:19, Jim Nagel wrote:
Robert Hunter  wrote on 13 Mar:
I have severe problems with Artworks in the ARMiniX.  I never print
directly from Artworks.  I invariably import Artworks files into
TechWriter.  However whilst working in Artworks on the file, the
software often reports an error and I usually have to reboot the
machine.  This is very unfortunate because Artworks is a very important
piece of software for me and, I suspect, for many other users.
Have you reported this to Martin Wuerthner?  He has a knack for
putting the finger on exactly the right thing immediately.  And, since
he maintains both Artworks and Techwriter, ...

No I haven't done so but I will start to compile details of error messages and will send these to Martin. Techwriter fell over this morning again. It fails quite often but Artworks fails more frequently.

I have not kept details of error messages but would be happy to do so if
that is of assistance.
Do you have !Syslog running as part of your boot setup?  And its
extension, !Wimplog, too?  They automatically copy error messages to a
file.  (Both in my opinion really ought to be standard in Ro 5, as
they are in 4 and 6.)

No I do not run these items of software. I would appreciate being advised where I can find them.

Thank you.

--
Best wishes

Robert