Re: [ARMini-support] Printing from ArtWorks fails frequently

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:00:37 GMT

> I have severe problems with Artworks in the ARMiniX.  I never print
> directly from Artworks.  I invariably import Artworks files into
> TechWriter.  However whilst working in Artworks on the file, the
> software often reports an error and I usually have to reboot the
> machine.  This is very unfortunate because Artworks is a very important
> piece of software for me and, I suspect, for many other users.

I have to say this is the first time I've heard of Artworks being
described as unstable, since it is generally something of a poster
child for new hardware etc.  I routinely demo it during talks etc.

It would be helpful to know which version you're running, and what
external software is running.  As an example, is Aemulor loaded?
There are certainly other programs that can have an effect on the
machine environment as a whole, which might result in apps being less
stable.

Also, as Jim says, please report issues back to the developers in
question - if people don't get in touch, we might never know there's a
problem.  Also note that developers will invariably say/think "well it
doesn't happen here" as a first response, so the more info/example you
can provide, the better.  Also, be persistant, and offer to
test/feedback/generate logs as this can be helpful if a problem can't
be quickly reproduced.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS