Re: [ARMini-support] Printing from ArtWorks fails frequently

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:06:58 +0000 (GMT)

In article <72c5f2a454.iyojohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Johnson  wrote

> > In article <8f9257a354.iyojohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> The address &FC19A04C is alays the same.

> > Have you done a *where on this address?

> > On both my Iyonix and PandaRO it is in the Basic module.

> On my ARMiniX it is in BufferManager according to Reporter's where
> menu option.

Lets go back to your original post in which you said

"I have started to use RiscOSM more recently but have hit a serious
problem in trying to print the maps."

but then go on to talk about the errors you are getting from printing the
maps from !Artworks. When you print from !RiscOSM directly (rather than
converting to drawfile and saving into !Artworks) do you get the same
errors?

You then say
"Some three out of four attempts to print fail"
So do you mean that 3 out of 4 different files fail to print from Artworks
or that if you try to print the same file 4 times then it will print
correctly on one occasion?

You then give the error messages:

  "Error outside ArtWorks abort on data transfer  at &FC19A04C"
The printer prints:
  ERROR syntaxerror
  OFFENDING COMMAND --nostringval--
  STACK: radialfill
"
You have found that the abort is from an address in the BufferManager
which possibly suggests that the buffer created for the rendering of the
file for printing is being corrupted or truncated but have eliminated
Aemulor from causing this. To help find out if it is in the redering of
the file for printing can you try printing using David Pillings Sprint
definition file from:
http://www.davidpilling.net/free.html
It instals as a printer driver in !printers as normal using the normal
printers but produces a sprite.

I don't use !Artworks but wonder if you can save out as a drawfile and
print that successfully via !Draw?

Alan

--
alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx