Re: [ARMini-support] Printing from ArtWorks fails frequently

  • From: Ian <Ian.Hamilton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 09:13:49 +0000

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:48:53 GMT
John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jim Nagel  wrote
>
> > John, you're using a USB printer and you say the first file from
> > Artworks prints but subsequent ones fail, and you suspect a buffer
> > problem.
>
> > Do you use Ian Hamilton's !Printspool ?  It has a "Flush USB" option
> > that might be helpful.  www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I have just installed !Printspool and printed 4 consecutive items
> from ArtWorks without an error.
>
> It looks as if I have a working bypass which is quite a relief, since
> it will allow Julie to print from Publisher (with embedded ArtWorks
> files).

Just for information as it may help find the original problem. If
you're using PrintSpool it's the equivalent of printing to file first
and then transferring to the printer. The transfer is handled by
PrintSpool itself. I'd recommend increasing the buffer size to 96k for
modern printers to speed things up.

Ian