[TechAssist] Re: bad checks??

  • From: Al L <alleathe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 21:10:45 -0400

A check can easily be stopped.Simply know your customer,give an accurate
estimate,and avoid dead beat types.I get almost no bad checks and haven't
had one stopped in years.You can sue in small claims court,i did at
first,many years ago. if you do a good job,charge enough,and develope a rep
for bad news on checks,you will be ok. A credit card can also be
stopped,only cash is safe,and they can sue YOU!
   The secret is,get money up front,and avoid the pushy demanding type.if
you are new all the dead beats come to you. Bottom line is,they expect the
same job for $75, as for$150,but the customer willing to pay the higher
price will treat you better,providing you deliver a good job. Good luck.

Al Leatherman
224 RT. 46
Mine Hill, NJ 07803
973-361-5796