[pythian] Re: DESIGN - Experience

  • From: Bernard Osmond <Bernard.Osmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 00:56:08 +1000

hey,

> I think we should go with a system similar to what you stated
> n30n. Only one game that I've played has used such an experience
> system, and I really enjoy it.

  which game -- for thoes of us whohave played it, they can have a
better idea.

> The system is pretty simple too.

  simple is good ;D

> Any experience the player gets, he may spend on raising stats.
> These stats cost very little to raise at first but for every point
> the player raises that stat, the cost to raise it another point
> goes up a bit.

  your system dosen't seem to differ from my suggestion, was it meant to
? maybe i'm missing something here, or i just didn't explain something
fully.

> I don't think we should represent "levels" by numbers.. it seems
> kinda boring and definatley done many times over. The game I took
> this skill system from, uses military "ranks" to represent a
> players level of experience. Perhaps we could use a similar
> system.. we also should decide on Stat/Skill limits and "level"
> limits, and if there should be any limits at all. IE a player
> can't raise his Strength to 1,000 (aka, he can't become god like)

  using military terms to describe the players stats level wouldn't
really fit in with our game 'timeline', but i agree with you that we
should have a wording system. example :

  - Nonexistant
  - Poor
  - ...
  - Excellent
  - Legendary

  Legendary would be for special cases -- ie : gods, game admins.

  - n30n
    [ http://n30n.amok.dk/ ]