[pythian] Re: DESIGN - Experience

  • From: Bernard Osmond <Bernard.Osmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 10:08:44 +1000

hey,

> To get started in a skill, I agree there should be pre-requisites
> for
> some skills, but I'm not for artificial constraints as you
> suggest.  The
> original idea was that skills should flow naturally out of "role
> playing" instead of "rule lawyering" or "XP mongering".  To get
> started
> with Necromancy, the pre-requisite could be to find a higher-
> skilled
> Necromancer who's willing to train you (for instance, he might
> have to
> be 25% more skilled).  You can't use Necromancy until you've been
> trained at least once.

  i still think there should be things like books/scrolls that help
you 'train'. this means that you can train without hving to go see
another person of your specified class. to even it out, training with a
book / scroll will not be as effective as training with a 'living'
player...

  - n30n
    [ http://n30n.amok.dk/ ]