[pythian] Re: DESIGN - Experience

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 10:40:25 -0400

> So I propose the following benefits of reading:
>  - gain some grow of potential
>  - skill is increased by some amout (maybe quite a bit)

Yeah, that's what I suggested before, but your point about trying something
while you read it, I think, is just becoming too worried about details.
Your not going to really get so good at something by reading about it to
make a difference.  You really need to go out and start using what you
learned.  I think we can safely ignore whatever minute gain can be had by
reading about something.

> Great idea. But this is really good candidate to hide from players.
> At least the "gaussian curve" calculation part. ;-)

Of course.  I still support in my few points I made in my earlier email.  We
tell players very little about the system except the basic rules.

Darryl