-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partitioning

  • From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 00:48:08 -0400

Don,

Everything I found on the hiberfil.sys file shows that it can't be moved.
As far as I can tell there is a very good reason why it can't be done.  The
hiberfil.sys file is basically a complete dump of memory into the
hiberfil.sys file.  When the BIOS goes to restore hiberfil.sys to memory
(when you wake the PC out of hibernation), there is no OS loaded, so the
boot partition is the only partition the BIOS can be sure of.  I can
understand the strange things (and incompatibilities) than can happen if you
try to get all the BIOS makers to access other partitions.

Ed