-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partitioning

  • From: Don <dswabc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:24:43 -0400

UPDATE

Vista Boot:  Using Gman's instructions and TweakVI (free edition, from
http://www.totalidea.com) I have moved all temp files, documents, music,
pictures, favorites, cookies and program files to a separate drive.

Folder tree for the Vista boot looks like this:

D:\Data Drive
    __Vista
       Common
       Documents
       Program Files
          Common files
          Microsoft Office
       Program Files (x86)
          AVG
          Common Files
          Microsoft Office
          TweakVI
       System Files
       Temp Files
          Cookies
          Low
          Temporary Internet files
          WPDNSE

The double underscore in the Vista folder name is to bring it near the
top and make it easy to find.   I have no idea about the origin or
purpose of the Low and WPDNSE folders.

XP Boot:   The __XP Pro folder will look very similar when I get it done.

Unless I am missing something, the only thing left to do is relocate the
pagefile and hiberfile dot sys files to a third disk I installed
specifically for that purpose.  So, How do I do that?

Don

in the Subject.