-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partitioning

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:33:58 -0400

There's nothing I care to add to any of this until I hear from Tempt on what
we should focus on.     lol

I gues I should add that I don't care much for the idea of putting Program
Files or any other system location on an external.  Not because it can't be
done, but just because I can't predict what would happen if you turned on
the system and forgot to turn on the external first.  I would think it would
be alright after a reboot (with the external running this time), but I'm
concerned about any file corruption it might cause within the internal OS
drive.  The Documents folder is NOT a true system location, although the OS
does need to keep tabs on it's location.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php