-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer Woes

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:22:13 -0700

One thing that I neglected to add is that when I dial-up I do
hear all the squalling and squawking as the 2 modems are
shakings hands, :) which is another thing that I thought might
mean that the modem is OK.

I had the same problem when I first tried to get on the
Internet 5 years ago.  You need to call your ISP -- mine did
the same thing and AOL was the problem.  If I had anything with
AOL on this computer I couldn't get through for a connection.
I have no clue why.  Once AOL crap was taken off it --
everything worked fine.

Judith