-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer Woes

  • From: "Sylvia" <sylviam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:58:32 -0600

Hi KC, what happens after the handshake, is that the modem icon in the tray
flashes a couple of times like it is going to allow me to proceed but when I
bring up IE6 or OE6 or even my FTP program, nothing more happens.

IE tells me that the page cannot be displayed.

OE gives me this:

"The host 'pop1.trib.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly. Account: 'The Mail Room', Server:
'pop1.trib.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0

And that is correct, pop1 is incoming and mail1 is outgoing.

My FTP programs says this:

WINSOCK.DLL: Microsoft wsock32.dll, ver2.2, 32bit of Apr 28 1998, at
19:33:24.
WS_FTP Pro 6.60 2000.09.20, Copyright © 1992-2000 Ipswitch, Inc.
- -
- -
! Failed "createsocket": - Blocking operation in progress
! Connection failed ftp1.ipswitch.com
! Can't get "ftp.ipswitch.com" host entry
! Connection failed ftp.ipswitch.com

I don't know what the "blocking operation in progress means.

I appreciate that you are trying to help me.

USA-Sylvia