-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer Woes

  • From: "Sylvia" <sylviam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:35:33 -0600

Good morning Troth! Yes, I did run SpyBot and Ad-Aware and between them they
did find some things which I quarantined, blocked and/or removed.

One thing that I neglected to add is that when I dial-up I do hear all the
squalling and squawking as the 2 modems are shakings hands, :) which is
another thing that I thought might mean that the modem is OK. And also the
icons for the modem in the bottom far right (in the tray) flicker a few
times like they should but after a bit when I am trying to access the
internet, then they don't and the bytes sent & received don't grow.

As you asked, I did check the IE - TOOLS > INTERNET OPTION > CONTENT >
CONTENT ADVISOR but nothing was checked or selected that shouldn't be.

Thanks for trying still,

USA-Sylvia