-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Active X Question

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 00:46:32 -0400

Hahaha, welcome to MY world, Don.  I find that the hardest questions tend to
take the fewest replies, while ... .  To be fair, Sandi is absolutely right
in asking everything she can think of so she never finds herself in a
similar situation in the future.           :O)

And Sandi,
    The only thing that would need to be uninstalled is a previous version
of the same Codec pack, although I'd suggest uninstalling ANY codec packs
you (or someone else at your computer) may have previously installed.  The
new pack's installer will tell you if it finds anything from a previous
installation.  Don is absolutely right in what he said about the various
pieces you're asking about, too.  Don't uninstall any of that stuff,
especially Media Player Classic.

Peace,
GMan