RE: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: "Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tomday2@xxxxxxxxx" <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx>, "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:14:29 +1100

If memory serves me correctly (which ain't guaranteed at 3 in the morning!)
that heartbeat is once every three seconds isn't it?  If so, you would need a
database with a HUGE number of datafiles before that should cause any problems
to a controller surely?  Of course, I could be misunderstanding your point, in
which case you're free to ignore me.  :)

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA