Re: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:10:50 +0200

We had a two servers rac that went down.
The tar result was: Use switch for interconnet and do not use cross-over network cable.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Mark Brinsmead wrote:

I've never experience this myself, but I do know that running a two-node cluster with ethernet cross-over cables for the interconnect network can cause the entire cluster to fail when one node crashes. You must use a hub/switch for the interconnect networks (in production anyway). And of course, to avoid single-points-of-failure, you should use a separate switch for each network.

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l