RE: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: "Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:40:11 +1100

You're asking the wrong person if you expect an answer from me, Henry!  :)

All I know of this is some of my colleagues from Consulting have run across
very weird errors when a crossover cable was used.  Never something that could
be pinned down, but they just disappeared when a switch was used instead.  I
believe this happened often enough that eventually the decision was made to
simply not support the crossover cable use.

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA