Re: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:52:16 -0800 (PST)

--- "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> For the 4th time in 12 months our hardware has let
> us down and we are running on the a backup db
> server.
> Disk errors controller (module?) failure.
> Chris Marquez
> Oracle DBA

Hehehehe...I just finished a call with Dell support -
memory issue for probably the 3rd time this year.

We're running 6650s on RHAS 3.0 with EMC/Dell/Clariion
CX-200 as our db storage.  Don't know what version of
PERC or RAID s/w but we do seem to have quiet a bit of
hardware errors on our servers.

Ususally memory and disk issues.  Our SAN is pretty
stable with no outages there.  But yeah, the server HW
seems a bit prone to failures.

--
mohammed

http://farechase.yahoo.com