RE: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:10:14 -0700

I've been running Oracle on the following config with no problems for a couple
years, averaging about 500 IOPS (350 reads/s + 40 writes/sec times 4 due to the
RAID 5 parity = 350+(40*4)=510 IOPS).  The write performance is terrible due to
RAID5, but other than that it seems to run great.  Maybe there is just a
problem with Linux or RAC running on this hardware?

·       Dell 6650
·       Win2K3 Enterprise Edition
·       4 Xeon 2Ghz CPUs w/ Hyper-Threading
·       3.5 GB RAM
·       Array Subsystem:
        o       PERC 3/DC, Firmware 196T
        o       8 x 73gB drives (10k RPM Ultra320 SCSI)
                o       Virtual Disk 0 - 2 disks, RAID1 - 68.24GB capacity
                o       Virtual Disk 1 - 2 disks, RAID1 - 68.24GB capacity
                o       Virtual Disk 2 - 4 disks, RAID5 - 204.73GB capacity
·       Oracle 9.2.0.6 Enterprise Edition