RE: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:34:25 -0800 (PST)

Working great for us!  Might want to  check the version of the linux kernal you
are running.  We had  some issues and upgraded.

  http://www.puschitz.com/ for packages.

  We have been on about all the release of RH3 and I am now installing RH4 with
10v2.

  The only problem we have had is with some Dell drives falling.   Apparently
they use 3 different hard drives and we can't specify we one  we want with our
servers... so we are shopping hardware vendors now.

  I also would move to a SAN or NAS storage solution.

  Kathy