RE: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hts@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:57:22 -0500

>>turned off RAID and run a split SCSI backplane

Oh man Steve that is exactly what we have thought about doing....sad, no lame!
If you look at my original post you notice that 2 prec3 cards and one of the
PV's was used successfully in the config you described above in years past on
SuSE 7.2 O8i...we have recycled this hardware now RH3 09i.

For those playing at home I have two prod db's running on failover servers on
internal disks.
I have two Dell PV's with about 1TB or more of storage just sitting there and 3
idle prod db servers.
Dell support has been pathetic...my SA yelling at them.
We have obvious MegaRaid errors for the perc cards they support(ed) and sold us
but they are still ruling out hardware.

Oh it gets worse...in the process to ruling out the hardware the want to
"engage" Oracle Support (help) on this.
So Oracle can run IO test on our servers.

I can't wait, hope and expect Oracle Support will tell them "is a not an Oracle
issue...go away"?

 :o|

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA