[opendtv] Re: How About Portable ATSC Receivers?

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 02:09:30 -0500

> For all of the ATSC smart Alecks on this list, tell me what generation 8VSB
> chip is in my HD Tivo with integrated ATSC receiver?

Before you start railing, consider this:

Mar 31 10:31:53 (none) kernel: /tvbin/atscapp: ATSC Interface Version 0.7,
compiled on Oct
15 2004
(Note the version number)

Also, error messages like:
 Partial section?
 Packet buffer overflows, resetting!

There is such a thing as 'immature software' - I wouldn't be so quick to jump
all the way onto
the 'blame the chipset' bandwagon on this one.

Cheers
Kon