[opendtv] Re: How About Portable ATSC Receivers?

  • From: BenWebber@xxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:09:05 -0500

Mark Schubin wrote:

> According to the Consumer Electronics Association, factory sales of
integrated
> DTT sets and DTT STBs have been nearly identical (cumulative to the
end of
> 2004), about 1.5 million of each.

OK, that's interesting information. Perhaps I overstated my case. But I
wonder, what are the sell-through numbers (i.e., sales to consumers as
opposed to sales into the distribution channels)?

And if those numbers are cumulative since day one of the DTV era, what
are the recent trends?

And, of course, the tuner mandate didn't start to kick in until July
2004, did it?

Regards,

Ben